Circa 1870

A pair of large bisque 18th century court figures with masks. Both are elegantly bowing and making amorous gestures. The base is also decorated.
Second part of the 19th century, raised blue pad with VB monogram mark for the manufactory of Vion & Baury in Paris. After a model designed by Charles Baury
Dim: H 44cm - diameter base: 18cm

Liter: Charles Baury (Paris 1827 – 1879) started as a pupil of Rude and became later a modeller at Gille Jeune. After Gille Jeune's death (1868) Baury and Désiré Vion acquired the firm on the rue Paradis-Poissonnèrie. In 1875 they moved the production to Choisey-le-roi.